How is an Admitted Student visit different and why should I attend?
As we get further into the spring semester and college decision deadlines approach, you’re probably thinking A LOT about where you will call home next year. One of the best ways to help you decide? I strongly recommend visiting (or revisiting) the schools that you are admitted to!
Colleges' Admitted Student visits go more in depth than your typical college visit. How so? Typically you will:
- Dive more into the opportunities within your major and academics
- Interact with current students
- Explore parts of campus that are more aligned with your program and social interests
- Talk one-on-one with financial aid counselors
- Get a sense of if this is your future home!
The are also great for helping you to picture yourself as a student on campus.
- As you pass the dining hall, can you imagine eating lunch there with friends?
- Stopping by the residence hall, can you see yourself spending cozy movie nights with your roommate?
- When you’re crossing campus, do you feel safe?
- Talking with students, professors, and staff, do you feel welcomed and supported?
As an admitted student, visiting the schools you are deciding between can be a really rewarding and exciting experience, even if you’ve seen their campuses before. I highly recommend taking advantage of any sort of admitted student programming and wish you all the best of luck with your college decisions!
P.S. You can check out Valparaiso University’s Admitted Student Visit options here!